Monday, September 24, 2012

Thank You!

Today I thanked the Lord for the wonderful people in my life. Some I've known well for a long time, others, even though they've been around, I just recently saw how deeply loving, understanding, and Christlike they really are. I'm truly amazed by you all!

But today a whole other group floods my soul with love and gratefulness...

Today I want to thank fellow ministers of the gospel. Let me name just a few...

Thank you, Rusty, my friend of more than 22 years--through thick and thin, warts and all--I just can't seem to shake you! You're as much a brother as a friend!

Thank you, Pastor Steven Furtick! The waters truly run deep with you, my friend! I'm humbled by how you have stood by me, challenged me, supported me, and defended me! I want you to know that I've got your back! Anyone criticizes you in front of me and they will get a very unpastorly punch in the throat!

In Jesus' name.  :)

And to your right hand man, Chunks (love that name)! Every pastor needs a Jonathan in their life. If they've got one, it's a big part of the reason the ministry soars! You're Pastor Steven's Jonathan and it's been a pleasure to get to know you better! I'm honored!

To my long time friend and pastor to all the pastors in Charlotte--David Chadwick. Thank you for being my pastor so many years ago and for continuing to be such a good and trusted friend! Whenever I'm struggling with anything, you seem to be at the top of my call list--well, God is first, but you're a close second! We've got our battle scars from ministering in this town over the years, but I have no doubt there are six words coming your way from our Lord and Savior when you see Him face to face...  "Well done! Good and faithful servant."

Clayton King, no one I know is more relevant to audiences in more settings than you. No matter where you go or who you are talking to, you manage to get the gospel out! Never stop! Thank you for the friend you've been to me over years. Your gift of encouragement is off the charts! I've needed it lately, and you didn't disappoint! I'm looking forward to our lunch in a few days!

Don Lough. What a blessing to reconnect after all these years out of seminary! My time with you and Darla up at Word of Life left me and Michelle so tremendously blessed! You may be quietly making the greatest impact for Jesus Christ of anyone alive today! Word of Life seeing 170,000 come to Christ around the world last year alone!! Incredible! I hope I can camp out in my heavenly pop up on the lawn of your mansion in heaven! Keep up the great work for Jesus!

Are there more?

Tons! God has truly been good to me. And this night, you six were especially on my mind. God bless you! And once again...

Thank You!


No comments:

Post a Comment